Candle Safety Tips and Care Instructions
We are committed to providing you with the highest quality product, while meeting the most stringent safety criteria. Our candles are developed and tested in accordance with ASTM standards. ASTM International (known as the American Society for Testing and Materials), is an international standards organization that develops and publishes technical standards for a wide range of materials, products and services. We fully test each wax formulation, wick and select the finest fragrances to provide our customers with premium candles. A few tips for safety and optimal care of your candle:
- Remove all packaging and discard before lighting.
- Always place your candle on a level, well protected, heat-resistant, dry surface (such as a plate or tray).
- Keep candles away from any objects that can catch fire.
- Keep out of reach of children and pets.
- Always keep your candle away from any type of draft such as fan, windows, doorways, or high traffic areas – this can cause the flame to flicker and candle to burn unevenly.
- Never leave burning candles unattended.
- Before lighting always trim the wick to 1/4” (6mm) height and remove trimmings. This allows you to maintain optimal flame height while slowly melting an even wax pool.
- When you first light your candle, allow the wax to melt or pool all the way to the outer edges of the container. This is called a melt pool. Allowing a full melt pool ensures an even burn (no tunneling) and maximum fragrance throw.
- Do not burn your candles for more than 4 hours. Lighting and extinguishing your candles for shorter periods of time could cause an uneven burn and leave wax build-up on the sides of your candle jar.
- All candles are manufactured with the wick centered in the glass jar. If the wick becomes off-centered at any time, please extinguish flame immediately.
- Keep the wax pool free of wick trimmings, matches, or any combustible material.
Do not allow flame to come in contact or touch sides of jar. If this occurs, immediately extinguish candle, trim wick to 1/4” (6mm) height and re-light if necessary.
- Always extinguish candle when 1/2” of wax is remaining in glass jar to prevent damage to surface/counter tops.
- To properly extinguish candle – either carefully blow out the flame or use a candle flame snuffer. Do not use water to extinguish candles.
- Glass container will become hot – please handle with extreme caution.
- Do not burn candle if there is any damage to glass jar (cracked, chipped or scratched).
- Do not put glass jars in dish washer.
- Do not re-use or refill glass jars at any time. Properly discard of glass.